Monday, January 22, 2007

AND YOUR BIRD CAN SING.



-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So a family friend of ours has gone on vacation, and he left us this awesome little guy named Careto to babysit. Or is his name more Italian, like say, Caretto? Anyway, I've never had so much contact with a bird before, and I've come to find out these are some really cool smart little animals! He hates being alone too long, and likes to hang outside of his cage most of the day. Purty freakin' cool! Makes me wanna git my own bird! They seem easier to care for than a dog or cat that's for sure.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
By the way, could anyone out there with some bird knowledge tell me what kind of bird this is?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not so much into bird watching as bloke watching- and you are a-door-a-ble in this picture!

I've picked up some Britishisms over the last few years: bird, bloke, "send in the post", "give me a ring", Boxing Day. All fun ideas.

Anonymous said...

would you consider gettting a bird at an anumal shelter or some place of the sort? you might find one that needs to be "rescued" or needs a new owner.

Gavin Elster said...

Its a grey cockatiel.

M- Filer said...

Birds are cute. I was bird sitting for a family member a few years ago and put the cage too close to a window, and the next morning I found it upside down & dead: From exposure to the cold. Be careful, they are VERY sensitive.

Troy said...

birds are too noisy to have as pets. they drive me nuts

Sebastien Millon said...

Haha! Cool, birds are great, never had one as a pet though. Do those kinds of bird talk at all? It'd be fun to have a parrot that could speak.

Eddie said...

Holy shizz, you look like a friend of mine... sweet!

Nice bird. I had birds when I was a little Puerto Rican grasshopper. They died like a week later...

I haven't been around this past week. Glad to be back to harass my blogger buddies...

Love ya kid!

Anonymous said...

eap a cockateil. I had friends who raised them. They can be a very intelligent bird and they can be taught to talk like a parrot. They are fun birds, awww I want one now, lol!