Thursday, May 12, 2005

The Challenge I Bear


I wish to describe to you these feelings which I feel
I do not know how it came to be or why the need
But there they are, truth be told, like the sunrise
Even when the clouds conceal its shining splendor

I know it can never be, but alas I always hold out the hope
That I can perhaps one day climb that high mountain
Or achieve that beloved goal of showing you
The value of your presence in my meandering journey

I wonder often if this too shall pass like the wind
Or if this is really what so many write and dream of
This simple thorn which doesn't sting, but is constantly there
Like your wide catchy smile and incredible brightness

It is with great regret that my heart can no longer refute
The limerence in which it now finds itself in
Alas, the deed and duty itself is done and irreparably fulfilled
The seal forever branded in its core and my being throughout

Break the seal, and change yours and my life forever...

No comments: