Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Before I get some shut-eye...

I don't want to forget to mention the one thing about my just recent trip to New Orleans that will most stay with me till the day I die. At about 11:45 p.m. New Year's Eve, my good buddy David and I were hungry enough to go get a bite to eat at the Clover Grill, a nice little hole in the wall burger/American diner joint in the French Quarter that faces a very busy bar.

We got our burgers served fast by a very friendly staff and they were delicious to say the least, but just as midnight hit, there we were, with a couple of other people and we all joyously and happily welcomed in the New Year as the main cook proceeded to give us all a hug.

A simple, yet memorable welcome to 2005, there with my good friend whom I love to death, without the alcohol, without the great big crowd, without all the fanfare, and much emotion.

I know, corny, but true :)

No comments: