Wednesday, November 21, 2007

I HEARD QUEEN ELIZABETH II WAS A BIG FAN OF "TWIN PEAKS!"

A short work week like this; perhaps Thanksgiving isn't so bad after all! YEEHA!

My soul mate and I were watching C-SPAN this past weekend like the big losers that we are, and ran into some of the most entertaining and boring as hell footage in the history of humankind: The State Opening of the British Parliament with none other than Queen Elizabeth II herself! AHAHAHAHAHAHA! We couldn't help but watch and yet snooze at the same time at all the pomp and circumstance of the ceremony.

She rides her horse drawn carriage from Buckingham Palace with that big obnoxious oaf husband of hers (Philip) wearing a ridiculous gown and a funny-looking crown of jewels that must be worth a fortune. She walks in, they all bow their heads, can only be seated when she says so, and then she begins this long ass speech about all the glorious things her country will do in the next year. If you can bear to watch it, the full ceremony is here. Long live Great Britain I say! I make fun, but somehow hold a special place in mee heart for dem Anglos. God save the Queen!

David Lynch is an oddball visionary filmmaking genius. And his television masterpiece Twin Peaks is now available in one complete DVD box set. The whole damn show from beginning to end! Oh joy! Do yourself a favor and check this show out if you never have. It's still # 1 on my list of greatest TV shows of all time and it continues to influence other shows to this very day. The funny creative Lego version is here.

Happy Thanksgiving America!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes! I just ordered the deluxe version of Twin Peaks. It's expensive, but the show is phenomenal. Can't wait to watch it again.

My city planning instructor is a Brit. God Save the Queen is right. According to him, everything starts and stops with the UK.

A Lewis said...

Hahaha! You said TWIN PEAKS and QUEEN in the same post.

M- Filer said...

Your "Soul mate" ? I am going to kill myself now. How could you?

Calista*Was*Here said...

Happy Thanksgiving Day!
May God bless you and your family!

Rick Rockhill said...

Here here. God Save the Queen!

oh- Happy Thanksgiving Wat!

-Rick

Poz Mikey said...

I just love the Queen. God save her. Oppsie sorry to be talking about myself. hehehehehe Happy Thanksgiving WAT!!

Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

I have held off on the Twin Peaks boxed set...for now. The Queen might have made an interesting character on the show. Happy T-day. I'm off for sushi to honor it.

Anonymous said...

Does this dvd include the two hour PILOT, though???

Anonymous said...

AND HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Gavin Elster said...

What version does the box set have for the pilot?
I have a stand alone disc of the actual pilot version but i had to get it from japan. The european release with the "25 years later" has now gone missing from any release. Please tell me it is on the disc as a bonus!

Pod said...

i watched the first season on dvd a while back, years on they released the second season, which i tried to watch, but hte gap was too big, so i have to start again. the podbrain was confused
:0/

Gledwood said...

When I was up to the age of about 7 I assumed her Maj always wore such ceremonial gowns and huge chunkin' crown...

to be honest I think she always should otherwise she just looks like an old lady with a peculiar (yet somehow quite stylish in its own way I have to say) sense of clothes sense.

Shame she wore precisely the same stuff also when she was about 20 hahar!

alexgirl said...

I love love love love love Twin Peaks. I saw that the new box set was out, and am seriously considering buying it.
Great post. God save the QUEEEEEEN!