Monday, January 05, 2009

IT'S GONNA BE DAMN GOOD YEAR. EXCEPT IN BOSTON.

Y'all liked my grainy New Year's Eve vid so much! Thanks you silly yakgellarz!

Ah yes, my first official written entry of the new year! Despite some early challenges already in 2009, I am very optimistic that this is going to be a good year for me. Last year, I was much too negative and pessimistic, and I feel that it contributed majorly to my stress levels. Now life will not always be rosy or good, but I will do my best to think positively. Unless one of you bastards I care about croaks on me, I don't think I'm going to get bent out of shape over most situations. Frankly, if the Middle East wants to crash and burn, so be it! Let the w
orld crumble into chaos as far as I'm concerned. Worrying over the economy or whether I'll have a job tomorrow or other crap does not help matters. Even that dead-end job of mine is going to be fine. I will make the best out of it while I can okay? Be gone anxiety/depression! Cheer up WAT! Life is not that bad! You're a fun dude. You're a nice-looking charming fellow that matters and contributes immensely! I'm sick of my low self-esteem and being so hard on myself. I reiterate: THIS IS GOING TO BE A DAMN GOOD YEAR.

I watched Mystic River yesterday and while the acting is superb (Sean Penn, Tim Robbins, Marcia Gay Harden), I thought the plot twist and stuff at the end was kind of retarded. Ya know, movies like Good Will Hunting, Gone Baby Gone, and Mystic River all take place in Boston right? Doesn't The Departed take place there too? Now frankly, I ain't ever been to Boston, and it looks real pretty in pics, but why is it always portrayed as this really shitty backward crime-ridden low-life hellhole in movies? LOLOLOLOL! I mean seriously! Everyone in these films is just dying to get tha f*ck out of that city and escape it! Seems like a dreary depressing place according to these films; kind of like the reputation Detroit and New Jersey have in our common consciousness. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to visit historic Boston someday, but I'm almost glad I wasn't born and raised in such a seemingly hopeless cesspool. AHAHAHHA!

I tells ya what, Frank Sinatra got all the glory because he was white, but I found his voice rather annoying. It was Nat King Cole who could sing. Beautiful voice! He smoked 3 packs of cigarettes a day though; lung cancer claime
d the short life of the greatest crooner to ever live. A Bette Davis documentary I was watching called STARDUST claims that it was Bette's favorite song. I can see why. Such a purty tune! It really is.

Listen to awesome Nat sing this gem:


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OFzRIRxGp0

7 comments:

A Lewis said...

Here's to a great, fresh new year!

M- Filer said...

That's because the Boston you see in these movies is South Boston or "Southie". A real shit hole if you ask me. I lived in Boston for 7 years, 4 while I was in college and 3 afterward, and I can assure you that Boston is beautiful. That city has a lot going for it. My brother lives there now and so I know that it continues to get better and better. Go Red Sox! hahaha

dit said...

I have a feeling this is going to be a great year too. Here's to a fresh new pair! I mean year! lol

The Art of Trey said...

No to put a damper on your year, but mine has been pretty sucky so far.
I've never been a Sinatra fan, but Cole, yeah. Bring it on.

Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

M-Filer's correct about South Boston. It is definitely a place of extremes, but you could say the same about Beverly Hills and South Central; Hunters Point and Pacific Heights, etc.

Rick Rockhill said...

I've always liked NKC, he was swell.

mouse (aka kimy) said...

nat's voice truly unforgettable!

I miss boston -south, north & west! although the gargoyle shop is no more...