Tuesday, September 14, 2004

Ees Tuesday!

Waiting for lunch right now, so I'm killing time. I bought more CD's through Amazon.com last week. ELO, The Moody Blues, 311 (NICK HEXUM...what a babe man!), Journey, John Lennon, Heart, and Mott the Hoople. I think I bought something else in that eclectic mix of artists, but I can't remember right now. I cannot believe how obsessed with music I am. I only know two or three other people like myself, including my best bud, now San Diego transplant Angie. I live for a good album, or song, no matter what genre, but I usually prefer rock and pop, especially from the British. Most of the music I listen to now was recorded decades ago anyway, since most of the music coming out today is full of mindless forgettable singles. Hard to find a good complete artistic album anymore, which is truly truly sad!

I need to go to the gym today. It is imperative that I do, since I haven't been in about two weeks, and I need to sweat out all the negative stuff. My friend David leaves for Florida this week for his sister's wedding and then it's on to Memphis to say goodbye to an old friend who may be dying from a horrible terminal illness. On top of this, there's a hurricane headed straight for the Floridian panhandle, which is where David's going. I dunno how that's gonna work out and if there's even gonna be a wedding after Ivan comes through. Here's hoping it all works out for the best within the next 48 hours or so. YIKES! I think my lunch hour is here. Iraq still sucks by the way. And we're less than two months from a major presidential election. GOD HELP US.

3 comments:

Angie_C said...

Awww, my prayers got out to David.

Franz Ferdinand is pretty cool also.
I haven't bought any CDs in the longest.
Maybe I shouldn't say where I get my music from :P

Angie_C said...

Awww, my prayers got out to David.

Franz Ferdinand is pretty cool also.
I haven't bought any CDs in the longest.
Maybe I shouldn't say where I get my music from :P

WAT said...

Yes, I have heard lots about FRANZ FERDINAND and JET. Might check their albums out, although I still think classic rock is still KING. The wedding for David's sister was cancelled and David has to fly into Mississippi instead.