Tuesday, September 12, 2006

DANIEL WAYNE SMITH.

OH GOD. AS MUCH AS I LOVE A GOOD TIME, TRAGEDY NEVER FUCKING ENDS.

I am absolutely shocked and upset at the death of Anna Nicole Smith's 20 year-old son Daniel this week. This comes at the most ironic time too, for she just gave birth to a daughter as well. Incomprehensible! The kid just died right at the very hospital where his sister had just been born a few days earlier!

I remember watching her silly and funny as hell
show on E! a few years back, and there was Daniel, always in the background, so cute and quiet. He was just adorable! I feel terrible for his mother, who must be going through a rollercoaster of emotions right now at having just given birth to a girl and losing her one and only boy.

Looks like the cause of death may be drug related, but they're not sure whether it was due to prescription meds or recreational abuse. Or was it just a freak incident? We'll just have to wait and see.


Regardless, I feel absolutely awful for Anna and all mothers who have lost a child to whatever cause of death. My aunt's beloved only son just died last week, and I have yet to make the call to offer my condolences. My cousin is gone after years of therapy for an injury, and it must be just devastating for her and my uncle. He was only 32. Earlier this year, at my half sister's wake, I felt so terrible hugging her mom as she cried. It was the worst thing to have to do, and I broke down thinking how much pain she must've been in losing her daughter to that fucking cancer at 44.

To all moms like Anna Nicole, I offer you strength and the perseverance to deal with the emotional toll of losing a child. After all, we're supposed to bury our parents, not the other way around right?

But alas, that is not always the case.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, parents shouldn't outlive their kids. It's always terrible

Eddie said...

Muchos kudos for your comment on my blog pa, I really appreciate every comment I receive...

I'm Latin also (Puerto Rican to be exact) so when I linked to your site, I found it refreshing to be in the company of another latino...

Feel free to drop by my site quando quieres, as I'll definitely be returning to yours...

Your site is intelligent and diverse, just my type of guy..er.. site... lol

Laterz pa,

Eddie

Unknown said...

I was shocked by it, its nuts, he just dropped dead.