Wednesday, February 11, 2009

CHEEZ-ITS WILL MAKE IT ALL BETTER.

Thanks again to all of you who stop by to read and most especially to those of you who comment. Happy birthday to my mom by the way.

Joaquin Phoenix has given up his film career to become a hip-hop rapper? WHAT?! But he's so talented as an actor! I love Joaquin! I even went as far as to use his first name as an alias for karaoke! I know Joaquin is a bit loony, but I had no idea it went this far. I hope he wakes up from this bizarre dream soon, because he's looking like a whino as of late.

I was talking to a co-worker from Peru, and I was telling her in Spanish how scary the world is these days, and that although it would be nice to have my own child or two, that in these uncertain times, it was just not worth it. She looked at me rather perplexed, and said, "Well son, you just haven't fallen in love with the right woman (she assumes I'm hetero), and it will happen when the time is right. Besides, you need to have kids, because the Bible says we must multiply and to not do so is a sin!" Inside, I was dying just a little from hearing this ignorant statement, but I can forgive her for her old-fashioned views. I mean, she is 67 years old. Raised in high-altitude thin-aired f*cking Peru for crying out loud! It's interesting how modern Spain has a low birth-rate yet the areas it colonized are still breeding like rabbits. My co-worker's probably Catholic, and her last of four children was born in 1973. She had a much more rosy view of life back then to reproduce than I do these days. Or maybe I'm just a walking doom-and-gloom asshole, and everything is just fine, although she did admit that the state of the economy is pretty frightening.

Here's s
ome food for thought:

Feb. 9 (Bloomberg) -- The stimulus package the U.S. Congress is completing would raise the government’s commitment to solving the financial crisis to $9.7 trillion, enough to pay off more than 90 percent of the nation’s home mortgages.

.....The $9.7 trillion in pledges would be enough to send a $1,430 check to every man, woman and child alive in the world. It’s 13 times what the U.S. has spent so far on wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, according to Congressional Budget Office data, and is almost enough to pay off every home mortgage loan in the U.S., calculated at $10.5 trillion by the Federal Reserve.

Don't bet on us receiving a cent though. That would make too much sense. They want us, the average Joe and Jane to be in debt and fall apart. Where is all this fake weak borrowed money coming from? We're broke! Sigh...

I'm out of Cheez-Its. I should go to Target and buy me a couple of boxes later today to help me cope with all this mess.

6 comments:

The Art of Trey said...

Cheez-its?
Just think, with a lower population in Spain and other European countries, housing will be at a surplus so we can move to Espana and live cheap!

M- Filer said...

oh honey, just load up on your happy pills and throw in your copy of "Grey Gardens". Nothing says happy, joyous, and free like little Eddie Beal tossing a baton in tights and a head wrap.

Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Weren't Cheez-its what Dustin Hoffman kept eating in "Rain Man"?

Conclave27 said...

Stupid slut should read the bible. It does not say that if you don't have children its a sin. Only passage remarks is "Be Fruitful and multiply". It does not mean be the octo-mom or sire 10,000 bastard children.

I would have told her something. Yet oh wells I knows how you iz cuz.

Look unless we can actual go into a civil war nothing will get better. We have five classes of people in the country.... Average Joe who get treated the worst... and the privilaged class made up of celebrities, politicians, the rich, and fracking illegal aliens!

Just eat your chees-its and hope that a Candian Stud will marry you and save you from the Insane Uncle Sam and the Boozy Lady Liberty

Bruce said...

Nabisco Cheese Nips are soooooo much better!! Really you should do a comparison test. Trust me, I know my snack foods and I have the body to prove it.

Anonymous said...

There's nothing that says comfort food like Cheez-Its and your favorite drink. Well... maybe ice cream if you aren't lactose intolerant.......

I worry about my children's futures - what kind of instability are they facing in holding down a job and owning their own homes??? I don't blame you for the hesitation to procreate. Unfortunately, your elderly friend is locked into the religious dogma of generations past. She just doesn't get it, and probably never will. It's kind of you to humor her philosophy, in her presence.