Monday, May 15, 2006

"I'M LOOKING OUT FOR AAAAANGELS! JUST TRYING TO FIND SOME PEACE." --ONE MORE TRY.

What tha hell is going on with our beloved songwriting genius, Georgios Kyriacos Panayiotou?! He is better known to you, me, and the rest of the world as: George Michael.

He was caught again, messed up on drugs in his car--this time he was asleep at the wheel, blocking traffic and listening to an IPOD! MY GOD MAN! Wasn't it back in February he was also found to be pretty high in his car, and then a few weeks later he hit about three parked cars as well?!

I dunno man. The man has had terrible issues with his sexuality, and is no longer the viable and relevant powerful musical force that he was back in the 1980s and early 90's. And this is quite sad to me. Very, very sad. As a member of WHAM!, Michael had three number one hit songs, and as a solo artist, he impressively racked up eight number one hits.

And now?

He must be feeling lost, confused, and terribly unimportant. A has-been really. There's constant bickering and feuding too, between him and Elton John apparently. I'd hate to see such talent go to waste due to drug abuse.

Reading all of this, I really think Keith Richards is doing great, when compared to George!

A little prayer for George Michael too please.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

he has such a beautiful voice, and he is a great songwriter. maybe one of these days he will come out with "listen without prejudice vol. 2" and blow our minds...

G-Man said...

I have to agree with Mario. Listen Without Prejiduce Vol 1 is one of my favorite albums of all time. I don't know how he got so lost along the way--but if you listen to a song like "One More Try," "A Different Corner," "Waiting" or "Something To Save", it's just absoutley amamzing. I feel sad to see his downward spiral. I bought his last album, "Patience" the day it came out, to NO fanfare...and it was just mediocre at best. In his heyday, he seemed unstoppable...even with his comflicts with his record company, he'd release these amazing live covers as b-sides...just amazing stuff.

Talk about your fallen idols.

Heck, look at Whitney Houston--shows you what drugs can do to a career. I think we all need to say a small prayer, i like that idea.

Maybe we're just praying for time. Is it too late to start again?

As usual, great post, Wil.

Poz Mikey said...

Bottom line is I think he likes to PNP and have sex.

Troy said...

i wanna go outside

Unknown said...

I know the poor guy, I wrote about this back in Feb. when it happened. Im a big fan of his work but hes been slipping, lets wish George well.

sttropezbutler said...

Time for an intervention no. Let's call Whitney and ask her to lend us a hand!

Tis sad to see talent go to waste. Very very sad.

STB

G-Man said...

Ugh...now poor Paul is getting divorced! I knew Linda was really the only one for him.

I hope he had a prenup! (We want prenup!!!)

Troy said...

some mistakes were built to last