Saturday, December 23, 2006

SO THIS IS CHRISTMAS.

I can't think of anyone who does not love or get emotional when they hear John Lennon's 1971 classic song Happy Xmas (War Is Over). I've done it for karaoke every year for a while now and time and time again people come up to me and say how much that song makes them wanna cry. It is indeed a most beautiful tune, ruined unfortunately when Yoko Ono comes in and starts yelping like a mad hound. UGH! Oh well, we give the song four stars nonetheless, for its amazing and tragic message against war, most specifically against Vietnam, which was raging at the time the track was released:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8jw-ifqwkM

And then there's good ole' Tiny Tim. Remember him? R.I.P. Tim. He was so famous with that ukulele back in the 60s and was quite the strange character. He gave us this fine fine song about Santa being a bit under the weather:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1Hg0T171gs

Okay, it's a bit tasteless I know, but somehow I find this wickedly funny. MOOHOOHAHA!


To all of you who are reading this, and most especially to ye faithful reader/blogger friends, have a great holiday weekend! Peace, love, and good health to ye always!

May Rosie O'Donnell and Donald Trump have a fantastic Christmas dinner together in loving peace and harmony! HOOHOOHAHA!

MERRY FREAKIN' CHRISTMAS!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Holidays, WAT. Hope you have a good one and Santa brings you something naughty!

Gavin Elster said...

That Tiny Tim song is something. I heard it for the first time this year. It is honestly the first time the #1 rule of comedy DOES NOT WORK.
Tragedy + Time = Comedy.
In this case Tragedy +Time=Insulted Tragedy.


I hope you have a wonderful xmas and get all dick you can handle.

Anonymous said...

Some of the people in the "Hapy Christmas" video look like they have what Santa has....

Happy Tamale Day on the 24th.

Two things to remember:
1) Drink enough alcohol to make you smile, but not enough to make you kill family members.
2) When picking out movies to watch, I'd rather see a cock than an intestine.

Sebastien Millon said...

Happy holidays!!!! I hope Santa delivers with a nationally televised ultimate fight between Rosie and Trump. Who wins? I'm cheering for Rosie!

Sebastien Millon said...

You've been Christmas tagged WAT!!!!

Eddie said...

Hey WAT buddy, I want to say that although I only began visiting your blog until recently, I've managed to be fortunate enough to stumble upon a blog that keeps a smile on my face and truly entertains me. I feel I know you bro...

Merry Christmas buddy, and stay cute...

Crazy Eddie

M- Filer said...

Happy Freak'in Holidays right back at ya! I love Madonna's "Santa Baby". Can't find it on youTube damn it!

G-Man said...

Happy X-Mas dude!!!

Troy said...

the war is over video was disturbing, and war will never be over.