Monday, August 04, 2008

DAMN! IT'S AUGUST ALREADY?!

I'm behind on your blogs. I promise to catch up. This year is just zooming past by, and 2009 will be here in no time suckas!

This HBO movie made not too many years ago called Normal is pretty damn good; about a man who finally decides to become a woman after 25 years of marriage! OH MY GOD! It's hard enough being a gay dude, let alone one who wants to have a sex change! Jessica Lange still looks terrific, and Tom Wilkinson both perform beautifully in this almost shocking, comical, and interesting movie. I'm also in the middle of watching Batman Begins again. I wasn't too thrilled with it when I first saw it in theaters, but I think I'm liking it more this time around, since my awesome comic book expert Loren Soth is very good at explaining it all to me, and boy do I have lots of questions! By the way, do check out Loren's recent new blog will ya? He appreciates comments just as much as I do!

Thankfully there's no footage (that I know of) of this astoundingly horrifying incident that occurred on a Greyhound bus in Canada; a man went crazy on the young guy that was sitting/sleeping next to him and started stabbing him senselessly, then cut his head off for no apparent reason! Passengers were obviously in shock and disgusted by what they saw; the killer took the head off and was holding it/dangling it for everyone to horribly witness! I mean, MY GOD MAN! How does something like this even happen!? The gory surreal psychopathic details are all here in this article. The guy was even dangling the poor victim's head while authorities tried to subdue him! The world is sadly full of some seriously mentally ill people...

If 2012 doesn't obliterate human civilization, some 8 years from now we are having a total eclipse of the sun in the United States in 2017! WOOHOO! Get your special glasses and cameras ready! It will only last about two minutes and change, but it should be quite a sight, and will happen from Oregon through Georgia I believe. The cool details are here! Aren't ya excited!? I'm giving you ample time to prepare, so don't say I didn't tell ya so, and some of you lucky bastards may already live in or near the areas that this eclipse will occur in. I almost saw one while in Mexico back in 1991, but missed it.

A picture of me in action, as I was typing this blog post:
-

10 comments:

The Art of Trey said...

I put the eclipse on my calendar, but you might want to remind us again in about 8 years.

Troy said...

the bus killing is way beyond mental illness, it is way beyond evil, it belongs in its own category. btw nice pic of you. like the manly t-shirt

Gledwood said...

I don't understand that bus-head-dangler man thing either... as for Batman Whatever (these things go so totally over my head these days it's unreal) didn't that pull in more in its opening weekend than ANY film EVER in the history of moviemaking? If so: big wow. And what's so amazing about it..??!?

A Lewis said...

I swear,that bus beheading is screwed up and crazy...like right out of a horror flick...on the plains of a Canadian province and night on a bus.....SCARY! I'm liking that shot of you, man. A lot.

dit said...

I saw the film Normal a few years ago. Not bad!

Ok, Greyhound still exists? Apparently this was the bus to Crazy town or at least a gory screenplay. in the making.

You look very studious. 8-)

Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Nice at my desk shot. It might be worth challenging your fellow bloggers to do the same and have a blogger beauty pageant or such.

Rick Rockhill said...

love the action shot...very dashing...

mouse (aka kimy) said...

I hear you bro about time speeding by at some sort of warp speed. I too am quasi behind on my fave blogs.... good to catch up.

don't know how I missed normal - get hbo and love both jessica and tom acting chops....

greyhound is alive and well. unfortunately it appears not all of it's clients are. what a horrible story!! ched and I are planning a trip to bob's (as in dylan) hometown sometime in the midst of winter - which is also the home of the greyhound museum....stay tuned.....

stay cool and I love the pic of you blogging away. bises

Pod said...

hello sailor

dennis said...

Dennis likes the actor Tom Wilkenson --he's in loads of old BBC shows (before he hit the big time)

Dennis thinks you look very focused.