Tuesday, September 29, 2009

I LOVE THE BEATLES, I LOVE AUTUMN.

I'm going to try and keep this post as short as possible, because I really need to get to bed, so I can be refreshed and happy at my job later this morning. COUGH!

My beloved bud got The Beatles: Rock Band game! YEEHA! It's purty freakin' cool, but so far we only got the microphone so I can sing to my heart's content, and I did pretty good in expert mode, although some of the songs like Helter Skelter I failed miserably, and I don't understand why, but whatever. Demanding/challenging little game it can be. Speaking of The Beatles, that once murderous Manson follower Susan Atkins died in prison last week of brain cancer. Yeah, some pretty gruesome crimes this woman and the Manson clan committed back in 1969, inspired by Manson's bizarre obsession with an upcoming race war and The Beatles' White Album. And that pretty actress Sharon Tate and her baby and all her friends there were savagely killed and director Roman Polanski was Sharon's husband at the time, but now he's been in exile in Europe over sleeping with some underage teen back in '78, but has now been arrested in Switzerland to be possibly extradited to the United States to face his crime? WHOA MAN! Talk about all these strange links huh? All roads lead to The Beatles, or six degrees of separation I suppose, like that Kevin Bacon game.

My favorite time of year is here! Oh, nothing beats the autumn season jus
t before Halloween man! And I still have no costume planned or anything, yet every year I tell myself I'm going to plan ahead and shit, but I never f*cking do. I wanna get a good group together so we can all go to Knott's Berry Farm for their annual Halloween Haunt event, which is like the best haunted theme park in the country with tons of cool mazes and stuff. I'm aiming to go the day before Columbus Day, because it will still be relatively cheap and I'll have a three-day weekend, so it will be lots of fun and all work out I hope. I have lots of interesting things going on in my social life, despite some of the criticism I have received for having friends who drink or do too many drugs. There are good people out there, and we all have issues, so as long as it doesn't make them treat me bad, it's okay to accept them warts and all correct? Look at me for crying out loud, I'm ridden with issues!

Anyway, I'm out of here. Oh wow, the girl who inspired Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds has died! It was not based on LSD mind you, but Julian Lennon's little girl classmate whom inspired him to bring dad a colorful drawing about her, which in turn gave John the idea for the now classic song. I told you all roads eventually lead to The Beatles:


5 comments:

RG said...

Wow! You're practically perky! I almost didn't recognize your blog! (giggle)

Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Odd how death and an arrest tie in with marketing of los Beatles. Perhaps you could go to the Halloween Party as Manson.

Conclave27 said...

As far as R.P. is concerned he is fighting to stay in Switzerland, plus Hollywood is silently trying to get Celebrity Justice for the child molester. What double standards....

Well enjoy Knott's Scary Farm, despite your questionable company.... sadly Knott's began to overcrowded. The event was ruined by extremely long lines and not being able to move through the crowd. I think that was the scariest part!

mkf said...

two things:

1. shortly after leaving the tate residence, the manson family made a brief stop in a driveway two doors down from the first house i ever owned in order to hose off the blood--way before i moved there, but i'm just sayin [and no, i didn't know that before i bought the place and slept there with all the windows and doors open for a goddam year].

2. yeah, like "puff, the magic dragon" wasn't about weed--if you don't think julian's little classmate's name magically became lucy in john's twisted imagination (if not some other name beginning with "l"), we need to have a talk, because i don't care what you say, that song is totally about lsd.

alice said...

This is my favorite time of year too - but not because of Halloween - I just love the weather when it really starts to feel like autumn.

There was a big controversy about "Lucy..." when the song first came out. Everyone started calling LSD "Lucy", and there was one interview that Paul admitted that it "might" have influenced the direction the song went. After that, they denied it every time. I'm just sayin'.....