Friday, October 02, 2009

LETTERMAN, CAN YOU SPARE A DIME?

I owe so many of you blog visits/comments. I am so behind. Thanks for always stopping by regardless to visit me. I love you all...

Indonesia ha
d yet ANOTHER earthquake of tremendous magnitude and the tsunami generated hit the Samoan islands or something. I mean, WOW man! That is crazy. Mother nature never ceases to pulverize and show mankind who's boss correct? This only worries me more about the ground beneath Los Angeles frankly, and it's only a matter of short time that we'll get hit with some f*cking seismic activity here. UGH! I've yet to order my emergency supplies and stuff through Amazon.com, but I at least have them already picked out so alls I gotta do is click, but come on WAT, click already! I missed work twice this week, due to staying up too late, hanging out with buds, and trying to forget my responsibilities., which is so ridiculous because I know what I have to do in this life to survive and keep a steady paycheck, but to be behaving so adolescently in my mid-thirties here is beyond my own comprehension. I did get to meet this really cool fellow blogger though, who was in town Wednesday evening quicker than a bolt of lightning on a very brief stopover here in L.A. I'm so rebelling against my responsibilities, and although I know this is bad, I think I need serious psychiatric intervention or something to scare me into submission, but since I see life as being so short and irritating, and death is coming anyway, I keep throwing caution out la ventana.

Listen, I just happened to have hit my "Hungarian" buddy's place right as David Letterman hosted Madonna hump day night, and that was one cool episode man. Madonna is such a health-conscious nut, that she's never had New York City pizza by the slice?! OH MY GOD. And I just watched Letterman hilariously talk about the guy who was trying to extort him for 2 million bucks because of dirty sex scandals he knew between Letterman and some ladies who work on his staff. The way Letterman tells his story is very frank and quite funny at the same time:

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I made First comment! Ya!

RG said...

Quite worrying about your second adolescence. Wait until you turn 40 bee-otche! LOL

Love David Letterman. So he had sex - big woo. It was consensual - the extorter is a douche - I hope he goes to jail for a long time.

RG said...

Sorry that was supposed to read "Quit". Jeesh - fat finger Friday!

alice said...

Sometimes the rebellious cycles do not last long. Give yourself a break my friend - once in a while you just have to say WTF, and go for it.

I feel sad for all the lost lives from the quakes and waves. I am one of those people that is always prepared, so I've got the kits and supplies ready......

A Lewis said...

COOL? Me? Cool? Clearly, you didn't actually meet me. The pleasure was all mine.

Chad said...

Hungarians are hot. Especially those that live in small country cottages.

Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Even though there may have been some gender power play in his workplace sex-capades, Letterman still managed to show the proper way to handle such a scandal. Make no denials, make minimal apologies and never let the accusers get the upper hand.

mkf said...

the problem i have with the way letterman "came clean" to the world was that he set the story up and strung it out like a joke so as to have his audience laughing sympathetically long before they knew what the punchline--which wasn't funny at all--was.

it was really well done, but had i been in that audience that night, i'd have walked out feeling not only creeped out but manipulated as hell.

but maybe that's just me (as it often is).

Gary said...

Once again the only way I get my news is by reading blogs. There has to be something wrong with that.

This was a good clip of Madge although I don't believe or a minute that she never ate a slice of NYC pizza. She does like to create fantasy stories about herself.

She looked beautiful on the show. I would love to meet her one day on some level playing field. Some instance where she would need my knowledge instead of me fawning over her. I only fawn over one singer and that is Linda Ronstadt.

As for you...no amount of drinking or partying will make you forget your responsibilities. If you are unhappy it is up to you to change your situation. And when the time is right, you will.

Sorry I have been away from your blog for so long. I've been lurking - thanks to my BlackBerry - but not commenting. I'll try to amend that.