Wednesday, October 25, 2006

PLANET EARTH: TERMINALLY ILL.

Well, it's distressing ain't it? We got an even bigger hole in the ozone layer now than ever before. I guess for all the effort made in trying to curb sprays/CFC use, we have failed miserably. There's still too much car exhaust and people burning up fossil fuels and crap, hence the growing hole over Antarctica.

In fact, practically all of the South Pole is now exposed to harmful sunshine rays. I guess this means the penguins down there are gonna start showing signs of sunburn and cancer? This does not bode well at all. We have and are continuing to destroy our planet at a record rate. It's very worrisome, for this is the only known place that can sustain us!

Add to this the other study that claims we are also going to
run out of resources, if the rich countries of the world keep offering convenience to its citizens and other nations continue to grow as economic powers, such as China with its amazing number of people. I'd have to say that we here in the United States are most to blame. We use the most energy, generate the most trash, and have a standard of living envied by the world and that is now being copied by everyone it seems.

Mother Nature is catching up now. The end is near.

Party on!

http://www.solarenergy.org/resources/energyfacts.html

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, reading this kinda shit is depressing and freaks me out, you know why, I have no freakin' control over any of this. I mean, I can try to do my part, but...

Well, that's why I keep that bottle of liquor under my bed. Ah, sweet sweet peaceful sleep here I come...

Troy said...

I dont even own a car anymore. I did my part, so Riyadh can kiss my ass. I hate drivin around lalaland, I hate contributing to obscene oil profits. So I have done my part for mother nature and the boys fighting in iraq. I have made my statement as i wait for the next bus

Anonymous said...

Try explaining the importance of the ozone layer to the soccer mom driving around all day in her giant SUV. Will she stop? No. She feels "safer" in her SUV. Does it matter that her kids and grandkids will never be able to go outside? No. It's all about her and her conveinences. We are an incredibly selfish society.

Unknown said...

Depressing...lets party like its 1999 AGAIN!