Friday, October 06, 2006

"SOMEONE SAVED MY LIFE TONIGHT."

Earlier this week, I went to the local watering hole near my house, which I usually visit to say hello to friends who hang out there often. I ran into an older gentleman who was nice looking and was alone. I'll call him Dean for the purposes of this story.

We struck up a conversation about good ole'-fashioned classic rock from the 60's and 70's and had a very nice talk regarding all kinds of music. The bartender even had a really cool bootleg of Madonna's entire concert tour that she just completed. WHOA!

Anyway, as the night wore on, Dean went outside for a smoke and I followed him to get some fresh air. He revealed to me that he was a little distraught from having recently split up with his lover of ten years and that he'd been thrown out of the place he'd been living, with that rather mean boyfriend. Dean says he met the love of his life when he was 29 and his lover was a mere 19. Ten years later, the boyfriend decides to act like Satan, and cheats on Dean and treats him like utter shit by saying to him, "I do not want you anymore." If what Dean told me is true about all of this, that makes this boyfriend quite an ass and real evil bastard. I do not know how someone you've shared so many years with can be so cold and conniving as to do this to another person they were with, regardless of the circumstances.

Dean is to blame too, for putting all his eggs in one basket and loving this fool too much too I guess. He should've built his own independent life and not fallen hard for someone so young and potentially wicked as to throw him out like that. But love is blind I guess. I GUESS!

So here's Dean now at 41 years of age, virtually in tears telling me his story, low on cash, sometimes sleeping at a friend's house or in his car and working a semi-decent job. I felt terrible to be honest and could offer nothing but 20 bucks at the time and a hug telling him that his present depressive hole was only temporary. And I scolded him a bit for the cigs and heavy drinking of beer, but I understand it's the way to escape his problems. He also needs to eat, for he looked rather gangly and underfed, but alas, it's all due to his very sad emotional state.

Yeah, I let him feel me up a bit, and he smiled and giggled like a kid in a candy store at the enormity of my unit. I'm such a slut! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! But the moral of the story is, Dean confided in me that I had been really nice to him that night and that because of the time I lent him that he had decided not to kill himself. That really left me almost in tears and I was shocked to say the least. I scolded him and hugged him repeatedly: "You better not kill yourself fucker! You're young and good looking still, why end it all over a current low and a shitty lover?" We parted ways finally, but I left him a more hopeful man, and I'm praying I'll see him at the bar every so often like he promised me he'd show to prove he was still alive.

Alas, I never realized the impact I or anyone really can truly have on another person till that night this past week.


And thank you penis.

:)

A little Elton John, shall we? This is for Dean:

http://media.putfile.com/Elton-John---Someone-Saved-My-Life-Tonight

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the kindness of strangers can never be underestimated. That's a great story!!!

Haha, you are a slut!! I remember my roomate and I used to yell that at each other all the damn time! It's one of the best things to yell at someone.

Gavin Elster said...

Dont ever take these things as a cry for help. People will show signs of there intent to off themselves. I'm glad you wandered into that horrible holdover of a 70's lounge at the time you did. I hope he is safe and knows people are here to help.
oh and...
Stop letting strangers feel you up... whore.

Anonymous said...

Very nice site! Visit amateur blog: http://closetcat.blogmaker.com

Thank you!

Unknown said...

Aww, that was a nice post. I know some couples who have gone down that same path. It almost scares me not to give my trust too much because of that reason. Im sure it was a little bit of both of them adding to the demise of the relationship, i guess it always is.
Good for you for cheering him up and getting felt UP, lol!

Troy said...

life can really throw you a curve ball, or two balls and an enormous unit in this case. Nice read.