Monday, October 16, 2006

THE POST ABOUT EVERYTHING AND NOTHING.

In 100 years, will any of us really be alive? Barring any major life extension breakthroughs in science, I think it's safe to say that we'll all be fucking dead. Yes. DEAD. Either buried to rot inside our coffins six feet under, or cremated in some shitty tightly-sealed urn. HOW FUCKING CHARMING! WHY DO WE EVEN BOTHER WITH OUR MISERABLE LITTLE EXISTENCES ANYWAY, WHEN WE'RE ALL HEADED INTO THE ARMS OF THE GRIM REAPER HIMSELF? UGH!!!

I also noticed this past Friday on a little excursion I took to Arizona and Laughlin, NV just how amazingly huge this freakin' country is. I mean, it's big folks. America is BIG! HUNG! Just the drive from LA to Laughlin took some four and half hours or so through nothing but vast desert. A sea of sand, rock, reptiles, coyotes, and awesome landscapes as far as the naked eye could see. We gots plenty of land which may help since the population of the United States is going to hit a record 300 million souls sometime this week. Yeah yeah, probably some illegal woman giving birth, but the point being, we are getting overcrowded here. There's a shitload of land alright, but the big cities and towns are obviously cluttered. We also seem to be the biggest energy consumers and trash makers on the planet. Can we continue being so spoiled by abusing the Earth this way and growing in population so uncontrollably?

I finally went to see this film I've been wanting to on Thursday night called The Illusionist, and it was most interesting and marvelously acted. Way ta go Ed Norton and Paul Giamatti! Kudos to the gorgeous Jessica Biel and Rufus Sewell as well. It's a long film, and one that requires a bit more thought and concentration than one of the Jackass films, but it was worth it nonetheless. The music is eerily reminiscent of the score for The Hours, but this is most likely due to having the same composer: Philip Glass. Uh huh. I hope to see some nominations for this come Oscar time.

And yeah, today Monday marks my final day of vacation after two long glorious weeks off from work. It felt nice to get up at whatever time I wanted to, and spend my free time doing practically whatever the hell I felt like. I felt rich and powerful! And now I must go back to the office to see the very few whom I do like there and surround myself once again with the many that can kiss my butt. "Oh did ya have a nice vacation? Where did ya go? Oh how nice! We missed you!" I CAN HEAR THEM ALREADY! SHADDUP SEA OF HYPOCRITICAL HEATHENS! I'm trying to be optimistic and see my return to work as something good. TRYING. I am very fortunate to have had these past two weeks off right? Fully paid, and helpful in recovering my remaining bit of sanity. Yes, I shall return to work with a happy face and most pleasant demeanor.

That is, until I have to get up in the morning once again come Tuesday.

God help me.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have now made a mental note to see The Illusionist. Have you seen the Departed, I'd like to see that.

Gavin Elster said...

I am a fan of Phillip Glass. Having said that I must say that sometimes his Chromatic scale approach can hit me incorrectly if I am in the wrong mood. I will make it a point to see this film. Thanks for the heads up.

Anonymous said...

I see the certainty of death is not keeping you from returning to work. It does seem pointless to slave away all day at a job you hate, only to know that you'll be dead soon and none of it really matters...

I am glad you had a good vacation.

Troy said...

i love your post, it is almost like the ramblings of a madman, a mumbo-jumbo banquet. and the hours is one of the finest movies ever made. and yes i will kiss your ass.

Unknown said...

Enjoy the vacation while it lasts, you deserved it. Its always fun to get away thats for sure.
I think I will wait to see the Illusionist, I'll rent it but I have heard good things about the film.