Saturday, January 06, 2007

KIDS, DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME!

So as the world entire already knows and is still deeply divided over, Saddam Hussein was executed a week ago. I personally feel he should've just stayed in freakin' prison for the rest of his life and let his conscience and old age get the best of him in the end. How many dictators have gotten away with bloody murder and were never tried for their crimes? Augusto Pinochet just died of natural causes in his 90s, and he killed thousands in the 70s as leader of Chile. Of course, the United States supported him. Go figure. And what about Idi Amin in Uganda? He died of natural causes in exile too and was never brought to justice for his crimes! There's also Pol Pot of Cambodia! WHAT THA HELL MAN?! Just reading their murderous bios gives me the chills!

But here's the crux of this post. Why in tha hell would these kids want to copycat something so gruesomely horrid:

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=local&id=4904242

http://www.news24.com/News24/World/News/0,9294,2-10-1462_2050341,00.html

http://www.news24.com/News24/World/News/0,,2-10-1462_2051037,00.html

Uh huh.

7 comments:

Gavin Elster said...

I would haul the parents in and question them.

I find it hard to believe that a nine and a ten year old felt anything over the hanging other than what the parent/gaurdian projects on to them.

Hang the damn parents for not looking after the kids they "love".

As for the girl who wanted to feel Sadams pain... Show me her damn diary or talk to any of her friends... they'll tell you a different story.

Anonymous said...

Scotty- a bit harsh, don't you think? Yes, there is a slight amount of parental negligence, but don't you remember being 10? It was 5th grade. You knew what was up. I sure did. I knew my mother was in the hospital due to a mental breakdown. I knew I didn't like my teacher for the first time ever. I knew meloncoly and I knew joy. A ten year old is far m,ore complex than most adults give them credit for- I know several now.
I also know that as a child supervisor, you let kids be on their own when you think they're ok and playing nicely/peacfully together. If parents never did that, my cousin Ann-Marie would have never been able to make me kiss her in her closet and hold it for 2 minutes when we were kids.
I also acknowledge that some kids are dumb asses and hurt themselves on accident. At least the middle of the three links seems to be in that category.
Moral of the story: don't forget what it was like to be a kid. Don't romanticise it. It sucked as much 20 years ago as it does now.
Ok, I guess I forgot this was WAT's blog and not mine.
Nothing personal Scotty, just a little buzzed from a night out and going off on a pet peeve.
Peace brother.

Gavin Elster said...

I cetainly didn't mean kids dont have the ability to feel. Of course they can I just find it hard to believe a child can fathom the sociopolitical aspects of the hanging and decide to end their own life. Its the parents fault. All their fault. Until that kid has become a legal adult it is parents resposibility to look out for the childs well being.

I hope you had a wonderful night out and shake off that hangover soon.

Kisses!

M- Filer said...

I wish I never saw any of that video. I found the whole thing deeply disturbing. Life in prison would suffice. I hate Capitol Punishment.

Anonymous said...

Wow a form of Capitol Punishment that actually works. Too bad the U.S. doesn't go through with all the death sentences that are done.
Any sentence that is longer than life or deserves death, should carry with an immediate execution. Millions of dollars are wasted in keeping these people incarcerated for life or awaiting death.

Not everyone or everthing has the right to live. That is why we have death in the world.

Unknown said...

I dont want to watch the videos. The execution of Saddam didnt bother me, he did alot of awful things to people.

Hope you had a great holiday WAT, it feels like Ive been away forever!

Eddie said...

bswAlthough Saddam has committed countless inhumane crimes in his time as Dictator, for some strange reason I felt odd and nauseated when I saw a small clip right before his hanging...

I won't say that I'm against Capital Punishment (if someone killed or mamed a member of my family... I would want them dead) but witnessing it on video and newspaper clippings had me quite disturbed also.

Wat's the man...