Friday, January 12, 2007

LIVE FROM NEW YORK, IT'S SATURDAY NIGHT!

Are ya as excited as I am?! HUH?! WELL?! ARE YA?!

Jakey G. is gonna be hosting Saturday Night Live tomorrow night! 11:30p.m. on NBC. Don't forget okay? That is of course, if ya care. I know not everyone can be as big a Jakey G. fan as I, but come on now. He's a pretty good actor who can only watch his star continue to rise and rise and rise! RISE! LIKE ME! RISE! I RISE WHEN I SEE JAKEY G. Okay, a bit of a hyperbole.

Even if the show sucks, I'll still watch. Ya know, the first time I saw Jakey G. was in that global warming disaster movie The Day After Tomorrow and found his appearance and the film itself to be particularly uninteresting. And then out of nowhere comes that role in Brokeback Mountain and I was hooked. Yes, something about
Jack Twist I tells ya. It's really the role that catapulted him into the stratosphere in my opinion. I went back to check out some of his other films like Bubble Boy, and was kind of freaked out at how well he played that quirky character. Definitely not hot. LOLOL. But he certainly looked good in Donnie Darko, which is quite an interesting and most original film; a movie that plays with your sense of the time and space continuum indeed. Ya gotta check out Jarhead too, which is mighty entertaining and not your typical blood, guts, and gore war movie. Really really cool film.

I never noticed that Jakey's sister Maggie is quite cute too. She's engaged or married or hooked up with that other talented actor
Peter Sarsgaard who often plays maniacal mentally disturbed characters with real precision.

All the best to my fellow LA born brotha Mr. Gyllenhaal tomorrow night.

I'll be watching.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

My first encounter with Jake was in Bubble Boy funny enough. We stil hell "Curry! Curry!" whenevr the turbin wearing east indian ice cream man drives down the street, which is daily. He always stops for the fat kid across the street. Don't know his real name, but for 2 years he's been "The Fat Kid Across The Street" Poor kid. I also saw Secretary with Sister Maggie ("Sister" being capitolized due to my very grown out Catholic roots- although I realize she was not of that caling). I enjoyed it and look forward to acting out a few more seens fromthat film. Not the cutting. Don't like the cutting. The spanking, the ropes, the horse thing and the dog thig yes, but no cutting please.

Eddie said...

Wat baby, I'll be waiting to see my Jakey right alongside you, only I'll be wearing boxer briefs...

I love the dude. I first saw him in the crazy-ass movie that is Bubble Boy... and yes, even back then I found him oddly attractive. Call me loco, but I did. Nevertheless, I'll be waiting to see Jakey Poo in all his glory.

Have you seen Jake in The Good Girl with Jennifer Aniston? He played a depressed, hopeless romantic who was obsessed with Holen Caulfield's Catcher in the Rye. Hot.

Eddie said...

Holden*

My bad.

Sebastien Millon said...

Haha, I love Maggie, she's cute! I also like Peter Saarsgaard, that guy is always great! Wasn't he in Garden State, I really liked him in that... And Jake is great too, Donnie Darko is the bestest.

Anonymous said...

My favorite movie with him besides, of course, BM, is "the good girl" with Jeniffer Aniston (both were great, as the other actors). I was really disappointed recently, though, when I saw Proof (I had seen the actual play, but the adaptation is inferior and Jake is not particularly good in it).

M- Filer said...

Well I missed it. Was he funny. God knows he is cute.

Unknown said...

He is such a hottie and a great talent.