Monday, January 29, 2007

WHAT'S ON TV?

Jaysus man!

With work, gym, house chores, a VIP social life (HA!), shaving/trimming my face & pubes, the Internet, and sleeping, I just cannot keep up with all the TV shows I'd like to watch. There's just too freakin' many! I honestly just don't have tha time! It's kind of overwhelming really!

Let's see. I hear great things about and would love to be able ta actually watch: 24, House, Grey's Anatomy, Lost, Desperate Housewives, Boston Legal, Six Feet Under, Deadwood, Entourage, The Office, 30 Rock, How I Met Your Mother, Weeds, Sex and the City, etc. Yeah, everyone raves about these programs (some already cancelled), and I have yet to find out why. As is, I barely get to watch
Smallville, Supernatural, and
Family Guy every week, and even then I'm behind with these shows, but do get to check them out fairly regularly thanks to my VCR. Yeah, I still use a VCR to record shows.

I have seen quite a bit of The Sopranos, Queer as Folk, and
Ugly Betty tho. The Italian mob show is like watching mini episodes of The Godfather film. The program is decent to me, but not that great. The gay show was purty good, but kind of depressing and all too realistic for me. Now Ugly Betty is quite entertaining; a very sweet tender and witty show that is doing very well. The lead actress, America Ferrera is excellent; a real humble girl who just recently won a Golden Globe and SAG Award. I'm proud to see a positive and popular Hispanic show on TV finally! Inspired by a real silly Colombian telenovela, Ugly Betty has really taken off. I'd like to see more of it though than just the three or so episodes I have checked out.

Yeah, I know there's DVD box sets now on every freakin' TV show ever made and many of the networks now provide them
online
to be viewed at one's own convenience, but as I said earlier, it's all a matter of me making time, which I often feel I just don't have. Besides, in January of 2006, I became a member of Netflix and made the decision to watch at least two films a week on DVD. So come Saturday nights and Sundays, I have made the effort to become a responsible educated cineaste and thanks to that, I got to see at least 100 films on DVD in 2006. Not bad eh?

As for these fine television programs, I'll just have to go by word-of-mouth and all the accolades showered upon them at awards shows, which I never miss.

Maybe it's time I join the 21st Century and get a TiVo?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Like you, I lack the time to watch tv.... and it seems the quality of programming has improved in recent years. TV used to suck and be a waste of time, so I didn't bother very often, (except for Dawson's Creek, of course). Now that I would like to watch, I can't fit it into my schedule. Frustrations galore.

The only ones that I have watched that you have been missing is "24", "Entourage" and "Sex in the City". Dan and I are really addicted to 24 and Entourage!! You would love both..... Keifer and Adrian are hotties.

Anonymous said...

hbo series are really good. six feet under was great (I never watched a series finale so good). entourage is great too, as is the relatively new "lucky louie".

Troy said...

maybe it's time to kill your tv?

Eddie said...

I remember when my Aunts were addicted to the original Ugly Betty on Telemundo (Betty la fea).

Family Guy and Desperate Housewives has got me hook-line and sinker...

Never really get the chance to "tune in" to anything in particular. Ever since Will and Grace and Friends ended, I lost all umpf...

Besos

Anonymous said...

Thanks to the DVR
(DVR:TiVo::Facial Tissue:Kleenex)
I wantch Betty and Greys weekly, although I just watched two Grey's back to back. Christine finally talked to Burke. I cried three times during that episode. I'm such a girl. Due to time constraints and far fetched plot lines, have lost touch with Desperate. I like to watch Boston Legal when I get the chance because of far fetched plot libes...go figure. Meanwhile WAT, haven't watched a movie (rated below XXX) in months so you have me beat there.

Sidebar- have to laugh because the word verification below is "hwsxe" and I thought "How Sexy, is my web cam on and I didn't know it?"