Tuesday, October 27, 2009

RANDOM SHORT THOUGHTS.

I so gotta get to bed, but want to at least post some quick thoughts so I don't neglect you oh little blog:

--Watching Martha Stewart make Halloween arts and crafts is fun. I caught her special over the weekend and it's fascinating to witness her make all kinds of cool neat stuff that no person alive would bother with, unless they have a lot of time on their hands.

--Still no Halloween costume! Time is running out, but I will beat the clock! I'm so fascinated by Edgar Allan Poe lately by the way. I had always heard he was a brilliant writer, but only recently have I come to realize how awesome this dude really was. A sad tragic short life however, and he only received recognition after his death. How typical! Great morbid macabre short stories and beautiful poetry by this man. They got a play about him in town, which I just may go see.

--Sam Raimi, director of Spider-Man, did a nice job with the horror flick Drag Me To Hell, and although it is a bit cheesy and perhaps disparaging towards gypsies, the movie is pretty entertaining, albeit somewhat gross, but all in good cheesy fun. Justin Long is a hottie by the way.

--I've been trying t
o regain my optimism and joie de vivre lately, but I am struggling to not fall into depressive thoughts or a negative attitude. I am fortunate to be surrounded by lots of good friends/co-workers who are understanding and patient with me, but it is kind of a battle at times to motivate myself to even get out of bed in the morning.

--My aunt is visiting from El Salvador again! She's my mother's sister and it's always great to have her around because she is a terrific cook. She says that the new preside
nt Mauricio Funes is trying to make positive changes to the country and fighting the rampant gang/crime problem, but he's already received death threats! How sad. When a politician really wants to do good, his life is always in mortal danger, but here's hoping Funes' life is spared any harm.

--They say that U
2 concert at the Rose Bowl was one of rock's most historic moments ever, and I missed it of course! Some 96,000 people were there! Last-minute laziness, coupled with financial issues and whatever else prevented me from going to what was an unbelievable show! ARGH! They will be back in the area next June though, so there's still hope.

Okay, that's it for now. Going to bed.
Buenas noches.

5 comments:

A Lewis said...

Umm...yummy food.....keep the Aunt around.
As for Martha, she's a keeper too...in spite of the fact that most of her stuff is too time consuming and detailed for me....I don't have that long of an attention span.

Conclave27 said...

Why not dress up as Edgar Allen Poe and have a Raven on your shoulder? And if that always doesn't work out E.A.P. can transform into Hitler..

If worse comes to worse you can always dress up as a "Muggle" from the Harry Potter Series..... lol... easiest costume in the world!

Rick Rockhill said...

Can I just tell you, I love that you use the phrase joie de vivre here. Tells me a log about you.

now about the halloween costume...how about John Lennon?

Troy said...

meat me in weho for halloweho

alice said...

What is your favorite dish that your aunt makes??? Is the diet from El Salvadore vastly different from Mexican food?

I like to watch Martha Stewart create wonderful things, but I think she is sadly lacking in the personality/sensitivity area of her character. She is notoriously unkind to others.

Depending on the type of party you are attending, you could be "Leftovers" and just wear saran wrap.......