Friday, November 24, 2006

"IN THE EVIDENCE OF ITS BRILLIANCE."

Wow.

So I (and almost every gay man here in LA and probably across the country) watched the NBC airing Wednesday night of Madonna's Confessions Tour. I was most impressed I must say. That in her late forties Madonna can still move and dance and keep up in the manner that she displayed is downright admirable. The three hours of exercise/yoga and healthy living she adheres to on a daily basis have really have paid off. Madge looks and performs fantastically. A terrific entertainer/performer in every aspect.

I don't know if Madonna uses pre-recorded vocals, but her voice sounded pretty cool too. She never was the best singer, but after all that dancing and moving around, she still has a good decent voice. Many of her older songs were given a new disco/dance twist, and they were very pleasing to the ear: Erotica, La Isla Bonita, Like A Virgin, and Music.

Of course, my skinny gay ass could not review this show without commenting on her dancers. The boys are just so cute! Honest ta God! In perfect shape and wonderful on stage. Very ethnic, sharply dressed, and a joy to watch. Their acrobatics and intense physical prowess are quite extraordinary to witness. My two favorites in the looks department: the white boy with skater hair and the Hispanic boy with short cropped hair. Just saying, LOL!

The highlight of the show though: Madonna comes out in a feathered-collar black rocker S&M-style suit sporting an electric guitar. TRULY WICKED! LOVED IT! HELLS YEAH! She did this I believe for her I Love New York and Ray of Light numbers. That was too rad! Ya know, Madonna did start out in some amateur rock band when she was trying to make it back in the day, so seeing her like this was actually kindo cool. Definitely my favorite part of the show.

Great concert. Can't wait for the DVD, so I can watch the deleted Live to Tell cross bit. They did show her wearing the crown of thorns though. Interesting.

Fucking great show. Yes sir.

FIERCE!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

the show was spectacular!! I watched it through the internet, and can only imagine how good it was on an actual tv screen. I can't pick a favorite moment, but I was surprised how all the disco stuff translated well to a concert venue. I loved forbidden love, future lovers, jump, Isaac, and the new version of erotica, but I truly loved the whole thing. She was amazing.

Unknown said...

I agree, I cant even put in words. It was an amazing show! The dancers and their moves, INCREDIBLE! CLoud is my favorite but all of them were so talented. She is the queen, now more than ever, this tour proves it. She is AMAZING!
The version of Erotica is not new, well to most of us it is, but the version used in the confessions tour is actually the demo vers. of the song, it was originally called, "You thrill me" those were the original lyrics to the song, before she changed it to Erotica. Cool huh? It was a great take on the song.

Eddie said...

I was right there with the gay clans in America, face amorously placed on my television screen, loving every ounce of this bish...

Madonna got her shit done folks. It's no wonder why her concert sold out across the country. Staring at this bish prancing about the stage (while singing to boot)and dancing like it was her last show ever, Madonna flipped it and showed all artists how a show should be done...

Time to squirt. Love her, and yes... you too Wat buddy.

Gavin Elster said...

Yep I watched it too. I'm amazed at how good her body looked. I was shocked to see she wore a Jane Fonda-esque unitard. Thay white and blue number had me laughing my ass off- until i realized she's a zillion years old and has a better body than me. No matter how much I want to hate her I just cant. I lothe conversations about her because they boil down to "Isn't she amazing...shes so fierce... oh shes an icon..." and so on.
I hate to admit it...
She is that and more.