Monday, November 06, 2006

WHAT A BEAUTIFUL MUSHROOM CLOUD.

In case you've ever wondered what it must've been like the moment Hiroshima suffered the first ever atomic bomb dropped on humans, here's a magnificent re-creation done by the BBC for some program they did on this historic event which took place on August 6, 1945:

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/183651/hiroshima/

Many thanks to
Wolfie for sending me this very interesting clip; nothing like watching people get burned, radiated, and disintegrated instantly!

Can you imagine the power of this most horrifying and awesome of weapons? And to think that the atomic bombs back then were not even as powerful as the nuclear weapons of today. Iran, North Korea, and many other nations and terrorists are now vying to own their own weapons just to prove their might and possibly drop one on the United States someday.

God I hope I'm at ground zero if that were to happen, then I can be vaporized immediately.

Like the Japanese dude in that clip there.

6 comments:

Gavin Elster said...

I kept thinking the same thing. God I hope I'm near a target. For 15 years I lived next door to universal studios and from time to time look up at it and think..."is that what the world hates?" Seriously thought i'd be vaproized because i was next to that thing. Very nice post and a very interesting reenactment. There was only one camera rolling during the blast (or so they say) and the footage from that "murder" was less than spectacular. That was the worlds darkest hour...until we did it again over nagasaki. Who whould ever think a fat man and a little boy could do so much.

Anonymous said...

This whole being near a target thing kinda makes me want to move to some remote part of Canada, or maybe Montana.

Anonymous said...

Wow - I didn't know idiot racists would know how to start their own blog.

WAT said...

I however do know that idiot anonymous accusative jerk-offs like yourself are able to post such a stupid baseless comment!

Thanks for writing!

Gavin Elster said...

Sorry for my lack of spelling . I guess that makes me an idiot If you are referring to my hatred for anonymous people who dont have the balls to use a name (even a fake one) then yes, I am a bigot.
Pegged me. Whoo hooo ya got me there partner. Where do I send your free gift? Address please.

Now If you are not referring to me and you mean WAT you got another thing coming you sad little man. Little tiny man. GET BACK TO WORK.

Troy said...

amazing video. it makes you think