Friday, December 18, 2009

FAITH.

Just great.

I had my first (and hopefully last) car accident Tuesday evening. In stop-and-go heavy freeway traffic on my way home fron work, a dumbass woman hit me from behind and knocked me into the car in front of me. CHP had to come to help and issue a collision report. There went my hood, and the instant neck/back pain I felt was horrible. Even worse, my car insurance had expired and I was two days away from my new one taking effect. ARGH! I've heard every lecture in the book, "You should never drive uninsured, this is your fault, hope you learned your lesson, etc..." Gee, thanks to those who have shown their support by nagging me! Others have been genuinely kind, telling me that the woman behind me is at fault, and that ultimately her insurance will have to pay for damages and my physical therapy, which begins later this morning. We shall see, but I'm sure the whole thing is going to be a bureaucratic nightmare. Luckily my brother is a paralegal, with years of experience in auto wrecks, so his help will be worth gold. Hard to believe I can feel such pain for something so seemingly minor, but there ya go. How frightening it must be to be in a really major car wreck. YIKES. I am, in the end, really fortunate. Could've been a lot worse. My poor car seems okay, but not sure if it is truly drivable or not yet, so I'm in a rental for now. Cars are death traps man; amazing what they can do to a human body.

Have y'all he
ard of the adorable bipedal dog named Faith? She was born with three legs, but her front one was pretty much dead/useless, so they had to amputate it, and the family that rescued her trained her to walk upright with her hind legs. It really is the funniest/weirdest thing to witness this dog walking like a human would, but this is the most inspirational and sweetest story ever. Makes me tear up a bit, to see funny Faith walking around unlike most dogs. She's become a hero for many and symbol of perseverance against all odds. Faith now tours hospitals and disabled soldiers to help them overcome their own obstacles and offer much needed emotional support. Is she not the cutest thing ever?! AW! I love her.

I'm going to have a great weekend, after all the drama of this week, and thank my lucky stars, despite it all. Because I feel newly inspired, I'm going to post this song, which has a beautiful message:


Jewel - Hands - Watch more Videos at Vodpod.

4 comments:

mkf said...

that really, truly sucks--sorry to hear it, and screw anybody who'd take the opportunity of your misfortune as an excuse to chastise you--assholes, all of 'em.

as i'm sure your paralegal brother has already told you, find a lawyer--not only to protect your interests in case down the road you turn out to be more than just shaken up, but also because the fact that your car rear-ended another (no matter that it was beyond your control) could conceivably come back to bite you in the ass.

whatever--don't let this spoil your holiday.

Rick Rockhill said...

Well most of all, I'm glad you weren't seriously injured. Neck injuries can be a real pain in the...well you know what I mean. Take it easy.

I have actually met a two legged dog before, so amazing how nature can compensate. hang in there WAT

sttropezbutler said...

BTW I hope you had a good weekend and are feeling lots better!

STB

alice said...

I'm so relieved that you were not more seriously injured - although neck and back issues are nothing to sneeze about. And I mean that literally - sometimes sneezing can throw your back out if there is a weakness. I hope you have a very good physical therapist. They will show you how to exercise to strengthen the muscles so that they are strong enough to support the area of injury, and relieve the stress.

That dog is so darling - and such a trooper. Bless his owners for using his misfortune at birth and turning it into something really positive and reassuring.