Thursday, December 01, 2005

I CAN DIE NOW. WELL...NOT REALLY, BUT!

Sir Paul McCartney. The Staples Center in Downtown L.A. last night. A concert I've been waiting and wanting to go to for years finally came true. What can I say? Lots.

--I almost cried (how gay!) when the curtain went up, it felt so surreal to even be there, seeing this 63 year-old legend in top form. Deep down inside, I wanted a surprise visit from Ringo, and was deeply missing George and John.

--Great seat, except for the bloated shit brickhouse dude to my right I had to keep elbowing for possession of my space! But I kept winning! HA!


--Great band, nice guys, and a very funny lovable drummer

--Beautiful lights, background images, and pyrotechnics man! Live and Let Die never sounded so f**kin' awesome! BOOM!

--Awesome renditions of Let Me Roll It, I'll Follow The Sun, In Spite Of All The Danger, For No One, Too Many People/She Came In Through The Bathroom Window, Helter Skelter and I've Got A Feeling. These are obscure songs to the casual fan, but to a hardcorer like me, I enjoyed these the most.

--Front row fans and their funny as hell signs. LOL! "Remember me Paul back in '65 at Shea Stadium?"

--Paul is very witty, and connects well with the audience, and his signature move is to raise that bass/guitar over his head every chance he gets.

--I don't know if it was the lighting, heavy make-up, or plastic surgery, but he looked phenomenal and his skilled ability with all sorts of musical instruments is impressive when seen and heard live.

We can only hope this isn't the last time he'll tour, but the reality is, Paul is not getting any younger. But at least I got to see him, which leaves me very giddily satisfied.

And here's the setlist:

http://macca-central.com/macca-news/morenews.cfm?ID=2018

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, it seems it was a great show. you were so lucky to get tickets at the last minute.

Anonymous said...

Hey there...I saw McCartney in late October at the Bradley Center in Milwaukee. What a guy, what a concert. There were certain moments for me, during Hey Jude, Let It Be, Yesterday, etc. that felt like some of the greatest, most special moments of my life...as if my love for Paul and the Beatles was realized that night..I know how corner that sounds. And yeah, it did make me miss George and John a lot too...knowing it will still never be quite as good as the Fab 4. The stage show, too, was so phenominal! It reminded me of a big laptop!

"All the lonely people, where do they all come from?"

WAT said...

Thanks for your comments. We are so lucky to have seen him for sure!