Monday, September 10, 2007

IT'S HARD TO BE A POP STAR IN THE POST 9/11 WORLD.

What tha hell happened to Britney Spears last night?! She looked bored and very washed up performing on stage at her supposed "comeback" at the 2007 MTV Video Music Awards . The show was okay I suppose, with that adorably cute young Chris Brown delivering a truly terrific entertaining performance; at one point dancing like Michael Jackson used to during Billie Jean. Ah yes, those were the good ole' days, though. Alas, us old folk must make room for the new generation of kids and their musak right? GULP! I try and stay hip and with it as my hair gets grayer and grayer and frankly, EF all these music celebrities! There they were, partying it up in Las Vegas at The Palms, filthy rich and famous bastards that they are. Nelly Furtado looked gorgeous as usual though, me love that girl so much I think I would renounce my gay card for her.

Speaking of being a singing superstar, I lasted about four weeks at the first karaoke singing contest held at the local watering hole last time, and got eliminated due to lack of enough people/fans voting for me. There's a new contest starting in another week and a half or so, but I'm not sure I wanna participate at all this time. I mean, the damn thing is held on a Tuesday night and starts and ends so late. Shoot man, but don't many of us have day jobs to go to the next morning? Call me an old geezer, but I can't function on just three or four hours of sleep anymore. Maybe when I was 23, but no longer. I still consider myself young, vibrant, fresh, and virile, but I admit my body ain't just what it used ta be. Alas, time to go shopping for a walker soon. AHAHAHAH!
-
And tomorrow is the glorious sixth anniversary of 9/11! YEEHA! Bloody hell! Six years since that stupid day that changed all of our lives forever and ushered in the most ridiculous presidential policies since the days of Richard Nixon. Bushy was supposed to become a real leader/hero and take care of business after the World Trade Center was destroyed, but instead we've earned the utter supreme and absolute hatred of the world! This month is depressing to me also because my old man died five days before the towers came down. Whatever man. The last six years have been one of scaring people, of getting us into a lame war, of economic woes, of tragic uncertainty, and of a heavy pessimistic cloud from which it seems impossible to get away from. Yes Virginia, 9/11/01 really did happen. EEK!

Your job as well as mine, is to keep going forward in this life, for what choice do we really have? 2008 elections maybe?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so right, Brittany looked absolutely BORED. It was slightly painful to watch her. :o

Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

This was just one more argument for continuing not to have cable. Aw, poor Britney. The lesson learned is that if you are going to get up on the stage with Aretha Franklin's figure, you damned sure better have her voice. I definitely know I'm an oldie, but my gut's not quite as big as hers. In the meantime, Bea Arthur and I are still working on our version of "Shake Your Groove Thang" for when we host next year.

M- Filer said...

No Cable? No problem. I'll see if I can find chunky monkey on youTUBE later today.

Anonymous said...

I'm just hoping her new album will bomb. I'm tired of having her image splashed everywhere. Go back to the trailer park, Brittany!

Gavin Elster said...

She looked high and unable to move in those damn boots. She couldn't even lipsync plus she looked... heavy. But not just norman fat i mean a paticular localized fat. A gut if you will but not a normal gut... a lower gut. A C@NT GUT! or C.G. for those in the know.
Dude I wanted to go on a diet just watching her.

Pod said...

i am sure you were a winner in someone's eyes mate

sadly i have gotten hooked in to ozzie idol, and the girl that sang a song by the gossip got the push

there's no accounting for taste hey?

Scot said...

I ove how you put two huge disasters as part of the same post... way to spin a thread.

Rick Rockhill said...

gosh, she was SUCH a mess. that gurl needs to hang it up!

Anonymous said...

You know, I feel old too. And I'm starting to look old. I tell myself that as soon as I'm done with grad school, that I'm going to be able to put time into myself. We shall see.