Wednesday, August 10, 2005

DAMN YOU DEATH!

I came into work this morning only to find out that my Thai co-worker's 62 year-old husband passed away! I feel so bad for her. She's been married to this man for thirty years, has two grown successful sons with him, he was the lead bartender at the Hilton Hotel (I believe in Beverly Hills), and the guy was only in for routine knee surgery at the hospital when this happened last night!!!

The rumors are flying all around this office as to what happened. Was it medical malpractice due to a failing or improperly connected oxygen tank? Or did an existing heart condition kill him while he was asleep? Regardless, the mad is dead, and surely this poor woman is devastated. I'm glad she has her brothers, her mother, and her boys by her side at this most difficult time, but man, what a hard pill to swallow.

It only reiterates my own mortality and that of those around me once more. DAMN IT. What is the f**kin' point of it all, when all we end up doing is croaking!? Kicking the bucket?! Buying the farm?! UGH!

But then again, those with near-death experiences say that it really isn't so bad, that death truly is peaceful and wonderful.

All right then, I guess sooner or later, I'll find out. Till then, onward with the enjoyment of every possible minute of my life.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Near-death_experience

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dead'

http://forestlawn.com/estlawn.com/

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seems like a bad week for all.

Well that is Life. Heck if life were to run backwars it is just as entropic. You can't win either way.

"Alas sweet William, where art thou?
In Russia?
In France?
Down some Vodka soaked woman's underpants?"

WAT said...

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Such lyricism!

Anonymous said...

Very Nice Blog site you've provided.Keep it going.
Information About Car Review.
is available on this site. Learn about Car Review

Troy said...

So this weekend do something really extraordinary, like hiking mt. waterman in the angeles forest. I was at 12,000 feet last week and the altitude makes you think differently. Hey, I am all dressed up and nowhere to go?????????