Wednesday, August 24, 2005

IRAQ, BLOODY IRAQ.

I could be selfish and talk about my life again, but why bother?

The situation in Iraq is bothering me. Big time. I need to vent about this.

There were so many people opposed to the 2003 invasion, and I at one point was all for it, only because it made sense to me to get rid of such a heinous dictator and his two thug sons. I believed in the WMD excuse, I saw Iraq as a threat, regardless of its 9/11 connections. I was still feeling angry, bitter, and vengeful over the 9/11 attacks, and frankly, wanted blood! BLOOD MAN FOR THOSE 3,000 MURDERED SOULS. The levelling of Afghanistan did not satisfy the sheer rancor I still felt, and honestly still feel for the atrocity of that day.

Now I'm not so sure.

I'm thinking, dare I say it, that maybe Iraq was better off with the Hussein clowns in power! They had better control of the country it seems, despite the oppression. Now it's just a bloody hellhole, with almost daily terrorist attacks that are killing hundreds, including our own soldiers. This disturbs me to no end, and it makes me livid to hear that our military is still there! I was hoping for a pullout in the Spring of 2006, but now I'm hearing we may be there till 2009! DEAR GOD MAN! We gotta get the f**k out of there. Seriously. Why are our soldiers still doing the dirty work in that sandstorm-ridden land? Haven't we already done enough?! Why still put them through this God awful risk? Let the Iraqis take care of themselves now. Our boys need to come home and recover from this, and prepare for whatever justified action may be next.

Bush and crew keep defending our involvement there ad nauseam, and frankly I'm starting to get tired of it. You killed the Hussein kids (good riddance!), and found daddy Hussein in that hole in the ground...now get the f**k out! Stop trying to set up their police force, their constitution, their sewage system, their mini-malls, etc.

IT'S TIME TO GET OUT! 300 billion of our dollars is enough for this operation, which has frankly turned Iraq into Al-Qaeda's new playground.

What do we have to show for this?

2,000 or so of our soldiers dead and counting...

My co-worker Christa says this is all worth it, that the end result will be more peace and security for that region and us here at home. I'm all for the building of a democracy in this land of heathenry and I know nothing comes easy, but I want our boys to come home.

NOW.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS/08/18/hagel.iraq/index.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraqi_insurgency

UPDATE: Pentagon orders 1,500 more troops to Iraq

Just what I wanted to hear!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I told you so...this is not a war.
From the very begining this was simply a military invasion by the U.S. for the oil cartel and the people in power.

War on Terrorism is a joke. The whole war is a smokescreen that has stripped the liberties the we common americans have....and money that should be used for our domestic affaris are lining the pockets of those in power via Iraqi contracts.

I hope and pray that what ever new preident we get, will make it his first priority to immediately withdraw the troops.

Someone shoudl realize that this time Amercia is the facist governement that has invaded and imposed it's belief system..we are the NAZI'S now....Sig Hial Mein Fuher Bush!!!!