Wednesday, August 31, 2005

THE DAY AFTER TOMORROW IS TODAY


Rising water. Broken levees. Hundreds dead. People dying trapped in their attics. Desperate attempt to find survivors and evacuate them. The Superdome cannot sustain people anymore. It's hot and humid. A city practically deserted, but still inhabited and rotting under massive amounts of water. Looting. Shootings. Chaos.

What is happening here is nothing short of historic and monumental. Those of us far away, in our comfortable homes, stuck in traffic, at our dead-end jobs really are blessed.

My heart, prayers, and thoughts are with all the affected in the Gulf areas and in New Orleans. If anything, I'll help with my pocketbook, I just wish I could do more.

If you are reading this, please donate whatever you can. Think of what it would be like for you to be in their situation right now. This is our country, our people, our brothers and sisters in dire need.

AND WHERE THE F**K ARE THE OTHER COUNTRIES OF THE WORLD AND THEIR HELP? HMMM??!!! WE'RE THERE FOR YOU, HOW ABOUT BEING HERE FOR US??!!


http://www.redcross.org/index.html

5 comments:

Troy said...

dodger stadium had a relief collection today. I was going to go, but I was too lazy and now I feel worthless for not helping. But I will do something tommorrow though.

Anonymous said...

LOL....other countries aid the U.S.????

Hahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahhahahahaha... OMG almost pissed myself their. Other countries are heartless bastards and hate us.

On a good note there are plenty of displaced southern gay men who need a good home. Now is your chance to import those hot and homeless men to your homes! Act now and get a hot gentleman who can show you the true meaning of southern hospitality ;-) (except for Mr. Wright)

On a sad note if you donate anyhing at all, I suggest donate it to the animal relief funds.
Not to sound heartless against humans....(okay partly), but the money also goes to help farmers who lost their livelyhoods of horses, sheeps, etc.... plus donate to an animal training facility. Rescue dogs need your support. At least with animal funds...it goes to a useful purpose!

WAT said...

No need to drive anywhere to donate, u can just call 1-800 HELP NOW and bingo! Or online too at the link I provided. Mr. Wright says, "You are addicted to the coverage of this..." Shocking for me to be so concerned and for him to really not be, as he has spent much more time in New Orleans than I. Odd really.

Ross said...

You are having a laugh

Aren't you?

Would your federal government really tolerate the intervention of other countries &/or their aid agencies into your country?

I don't think so.

From a different perspective one has to ask why others would want to help (other than from a sense of common decency of course) when you elected leaders seem to value property more than people - or is this purely because those people are poor and mainly black?

WAT said...

Ross, these kinds of serious questions are starting to creep into my head too...