Friday, October 28, 2005

"DARKNESS FALLS ACROSS THE LAND, THE MIDNIGHT HOUR IS CLOSE AT HAND..."

Oh come on! Admit it! If you were of age to remember Michael Jackson's Thriller, you know you sang, danced, watched the video, and liked it just as much as I did. It's perfect for Halloween viewing too!

The year: 1983. Yours truly was barely in elementary school, and there he was, M.J. on top of the world, the biggest superstar and idol to millions the world over. I think my brother and I must've rented the Thriller video that also contained The Making of Thriller countless times and watched it over and over again.

I mean it truly was a revolutionary piece of art for its time, directed by An American Werewolf in London director John Landis, with awesome special effects and very cool choreography with dancers made to look like the undead.

To this day, it's still considered the greatest music video of all time. Yeah, even though Jacko eventually went berserk and child molestation charges ruined his image (along with the 345 nose jobs), he sure was cool back in the day, and mine, yours, and everyone else's musical icon.


---See the entire video here:

http://tinyurl.com/a977g

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Michael Jackson was brilliant in those days (I enjoyed him until 1991's dangerous). I didn't like the video when it was released because it was too scary for me, but the music, man, I couldn't stop playing it.

Bradley Herring said...

I never knew John Landis directed that. Pretty cool.

I always leaned more toward the camp that Peter Gabriel's "Sledgehammer" was the greatest video of all time.

WAT said...

Ah yes, "Sledgehammer" certainly is one of the undeniable great music videos too!