Monday, October 03, 2005

"I LOVE THE NIGHTLIFE, I LOVE TO BOOGIE..."

Ah night. So peaceful. So full of endless possibility. Most people are asleep. Sure, there's your fair share of assholes, thugs, prostitutes, drunks, junkies, vampires, and weirdos up and about, but there's something about nighttime that I find irresistible.

Freeways are so much nicer to drive on without all dem nasty insane stressed out people! No kids, no angry mothers, no dress shirt wearing closeted frustrated homo married dads, no stupid MTA buses, no traffic jams, no crowded streets, no sunburn.

Yes, night is so much freer! Especially nicer and cooler during summer! And so what if it gets cold in winter...a nice blanket, heater, or fireplace will do!

Night: you can read, concentrate, have sex, food tastes better, sleep, listen to music, or just plain hang with a good buddy or lover and enjoy the peace and quiet night affords. I imagine working graveyard must be more peaceful even, without having to deal with all the daytime scum that most of us have to put up with! Haven't you noticed that even going to the movies at night is much more fun than during the day, regardless of the same darkness the movie theater affords at both times?

Today Monday, is my last full vacation day. I go back to work Tuesday. Alas, I shall enjoy this last full night I have as much as possible.

Before the sun comes out again. Yes, Mr. Sun is nice and dandy, but nah, I think I'll stick to night.

Buenas noches.

No comments: