Monday, September 22, 2008

I SAW THE PLANE CRASH ON TELEVISION.

The plane crash late Friday that very near killed former Blink-182 drummer Travis Barker really messed me up! Four others were killed and his good friend DJ AM was badly burned. Travis was also burned, from the waist down. Speedy recoveries to both men; I hope they can not only heal from their physical scars, but the emotional ones as well. This is a true tragedy! You guys remember Blink-182 right? Here's their most famous song.

It doesn't surprise me that the Emmy Awards last night were the lowest-rated ever. God bless Josh Groban, but I found this bit to be a bit retarded. I used to love awards shows, but lately I'm finding them to be a veritable waste of time! It's fun I guess to watch all those people in the biz dressed up and receiving these little golden statuettes and giving their acceptance speeches and stuff, but I think I've come to the point where I look at these humanoids up on stage and think to myself: "Who cares about these overpaid good-looking assholes anyway?" To be honest, I really don't watch television anymore. I used to be a TV junkie, but then the Internet came along, and I grew up and I just don't find most television as interesting. YouTube is where it's at folks! I do watch TV on weekends, and do like certain shows like Smallville, Reaper, Supernatural, SNL, and MADtv, but there seems to be so much of an overload and who really has all that time to watch the hundreds of cable channels and offerings on the boob tube anyway?! And the exorbitant amount of reality shows nowadays is just ridiculous! Hence, why I love The Soup and that adorable Joel McHale (and cute little chihuahua Lou), who summarizes the dumbing down of America very nicely every week!

I sang these three songs at karaoke last night, and the crowd showered me with their approval! It's nice to feel like a star sometimes:


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCbOEZ8c8dM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhSYbRiYwTY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0WCQadt864

7 comments:

Troy said...

i hope you hit the high notes with benny & the jets

A Lewis said...

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, I need to get myself to that Karaoka bar and check you out sometime...I promise to throw red roses and used panties.

The Art of Trey said...

Be a star so I can totally do the paparazzi thing to you!

Gary said...

I am in total agreement about award shows. It seems like we are programmed to care who wins or loses but when you think about it, who cares? It is just another way for the rich to get richer and for folks who already get far too much attention to get a little more. And what is poor Josh doing singing theme songs. He seemed to be enjoying it but I kept thinking that he was doing it to take away some of that classical image. Calculated and therefore boring.

Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

I've not watched an Emmy broadcast since the late 1970s, but I was glad to see "Mad Men" take top honors.

Gledwood said...

& I've never seen an Emmy broadcast in my life..!

Unknown said...

Mad Men is a great show and deserves the success it has received. Gonna have to get the DVR working again.

Great blog!